Thursday, February 4, 2010

Julie & Julia - The Movie

I had seen this movie in UK top 10 and thought that it should be an interesting one to watch.
Finally I managed to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed the movie ! Meryl Streep - fantastic as always.



It is a based on two true stores. One is the story of Julia Child -  how she discovers her passion for cooking and eventually wrote the book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking".... intertwined with the story of  Julie Powell - who is unhappy with her job. She takes up a project to try all the 524 recipes in this book in 365 days. She calls this "The Julie/Julia Project" and writes a blog about her experience.



It's a delightful movie with good humor. Beyond this I found it very inspiring and uplifting !
I however wished that Julia had met Julie in real life!

If I had not already started with a blog, I am sure I would have started one after watching this movie :-)



Few lines from the movie that I absolutely loved -

* "What is it you REALLY like to do?" - "Eat !"
* "You are the butter to my bread ! You are the breath to my life !"
* "I was drowning and she pulled me out of the ocean !!"


Bon Appetite :-)

3 comments:

Radhika said...

That was a nice short review of the film Anu. Thanks, will watch it soon. It's nominated for Oscars this year I think.

Anupama Puneeth said...

Hey Radhi,
Hope you will enjoy the movie too.
I am sure Meryl Streep is gonna bag that Oscar :-)

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

Lovely,i watched it.Indeed too good,its been pushing me to start another blog...lol