Thursday, January 28, 2010

My trip to the lowest point on earth !

Dead Sea is the lowest point on land which is 422 meters below sea level !!



The water wasn't cold even though it was winter. So I took this chance for a swim...actually I must say float !!!
It's one of the strangest experiences. A MUST for any one visiting Israel.



It has the highest level of salinity ...oh I can still remember that taste :(





 The black mud pack !!
I had one too - Aditi just kept staring at my new avatar :-)

7 comments:

Deepa Jagarlapoodi said...

i bumped into ur blog. through other blogs :)do u stay in isreal? dead sea is indeed very interesting..very unique post..thanks for sharing

Anupama Puneeth said...

Thanks Deepa !
No I don't live in Israel...though I wouldn't mind :-)
I live in Cyprus which is an island in the Mediterranean, close to Israel.

Unknown said...

Must have been fun. Have read so much about dead sea, hmmm wish I could go there :)

Unknown said...

Hey, I love your blog, doesnt have too much yak yak yak , and boring stuff like "What I did from morning to night" or too much dealing with philosophical stuff or my thoughts blah blah, the pics and the simple descriptions and ur thoughts abt it --nice , refreshing

Anupama Puneeth said...

Hi Harini,
Thanks for your kind words.
I sure wish you visit Israel some day and if I am still around in Cyprus, you should stop by here as well :)

Anonymous said...

heyyy liked this new comments section :) nice nice...
All I remember of dead sea is yucky smell and such sharp bad taste in mouth... it really makes you scratch the taste out, yeah? :D
-Radhika

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

amazing...lovely.thanks for sharing.