Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ceramic Art

Pottery has become my new found hobby. I have been taking pottery lessons for few weeks now and I am so excited to be sharing my work with you all.

All these things have finished their trip to the kiln twice. The artifacts have been made without using wheels.
After the first firing, they are glaze painted and then they go for second, final round of firing.

The result are these beautiful artifacts that I now proudly say was made by me :-)



I made this as a present for my darling hubby who patiently babysits while I am off to the pottery classes :-)




Coasters - one using rangoli pattern to give an Indian look, the other using lace pattern.



This one's with an antique finish :-) Here the effect of water is done using broken glass pieces.



A little girl for my little girl :-)
..... ofcourse will let her play with it only after a couple of years (LOL) ;-)

My teacher Michaella, whose work I greatly admire, started pottery by passion which then turned into her profession. She has her store in Limassol, where she also takes regular lessons for all age groups (including children). Her website - http://michaellasceramics.eu/

9 comments:

Radhika said...

That's nice Anu... way to go...

Unknown said...

The art is beautiful, I am planing for 3 day trip for cheap cyprus holidays

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ann said...

Your pottery is lovely! I especially like the sculpture of your husband and the idea behind it. :-) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Your posts are very interesting and I know I'll visit again.

Anupama Puneeth said...

Thank you Ann for your wonderful words :)

Srividhya Ravikumar said...

beautiful and lovely space... interesting... first time here and i am very happy to follow you..

Anupama Puneeth said...

Thanks Srividhya.
Hope to see you often :-)

~mE said...

omg! i love pottery. I'm trying to find me a teacher desperately :)

Anupama Puneeth said...

Hope you will find a good tutor soon. Its indeed a divine art :)