Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday routine ....

In Cyprus all stores are closed on Sundays. With weekdays being really busy, leaves me with just Saturday for all the shopping !
Visiting the 'Saturday Market' is my routine ....to buy some fresh fresh veggies & fruits :-)








This place which is otherwise a huge parking area, transforms into a big fruit and vegetable market on saturday mornings.







The farmers from near by villages come here to directly sell their crops.



The prices are at its highest in the early morning and as the hour goes by, the prices keep falling ;-)



Just can't say "no" to these mouthwatering delicious strawberries :)



Mango madness !!! .... but it's really no match to our desi mangoes :(

~Harini, fresh veggies and fruits....all the way from Cyprus...just for you :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Made my day :), just seeing all those veggies and fruits piled up-- enough to make me so happy.
U remembered :)

Strawberries look great!!!!!! I love Strawberries.

Mangoes-- hmmm,Looks amazing, but I know how they taste, cant imagine how someone can call those things mangoes. Miss them so so so much :(